SSC CHSL exam is very much popular in amongst the youth and also among the people of different age groups. The exam is a gateway for various applicants into government jobs right after class 12. It has its own syllabus which has various questions from different topics. You can check SSC CHSL 2016 syllabus for more information. Combined Higher Secondary Level examination is conducted by Staff Selection Commission and they also publish the syllabus and previous year question papers in their official website which you can check any time. If you are appearing for the SSC CHSL examination then you can check SSC CHSL 2016 syllabus online for preparation.
Knowing about the syllabus at an early stage will help you in preparing for the exam beforehand and will also help them take up as many practice exams as possible and do revision meanwhile.
So, download the SSC CHSL 2016 syllabus PDF as soon as possible. The more you will practice the more it will help you in scoring good marks in the exam. The exam is divided into 3 tiers and each tier has different exams.
- Tier-1: Written test (objective type, 200 marks, online, 75 minutes)
- Tier-2: Written test (descriptive type, 100 marks, offline, 60 minutes)
- Tier-3: Skill test/ typing test (qualifying tier-1 and tier-2 is mandatory to be eligible for the test, 35 words/minute for English typing, 30 words/minute for Hindi typing for all posts except for DEO and Skill test with 8,000 key depressions/hour on computer for Data Entry Operator)
|Exam Part||Exam Nature||Marks||Time|
|Tier-1||Written test (objective type)||200 marks||75 minutes Online|
|Tier-2||Written test (descriptive type)||100 marks||60 minutes Offline|
|Tier-3||Typing Test||-35 words/minute for English typing|
-30 words/minute for Hindi typing
Each Tier consist of the different syllabus and to know the syllabus you can get the SSC CHSL 2016 syllabus PDF free download from this website.
- 1 SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2016-2017 Year अभी देखो दोस्तों
- 2 1. General Intelligence Syllabus (25 Questions / 50 Marks)
- 3 2. English Language (25 Questions / 50 Marks)
- 4 3. Quantitative Aptitude (25 Questions / 50 Marks)
- 5 Algebra
- 6 Geometry
- 7 Mensuration
- 8 Trigonometry
- 9 4. General Awareness(25 Questions / 50 Marks)
- 10 You can Download SSC CHSL 2016 syllabus From Below Link
- 11 Tier-2: Tier-2 consists of letter writing and essay writing.
- 12 Tier-3: Tier-3 is of 15 minutes in which 2000 key depressions in duration if minutes are needed.
- 13 SSC CHSL Question Paper With Answer Key अब तक की सारी
The syllabuses for first two tiers and timing for the third tier are given below:
You can Download SSC CHSL 2016 syllabus From Below Link:
Tier-1: Tier-1 consists of 4 parts that include General Intelligence (verbal/ non-verbal), English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness.
Each correct answer will fetch you 1 mark and each incorrect answer will have negative marking of 0.50.
1. General Intelligence Syllabus (25 Questions / 50 Marks)
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy
- Semantic Classification
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Figural Classification
- Semantic Series
- Number Series
- Figural Series
- Problem Solving
- Word Building
- Coding and de-coding
- Numerical operations
- Symbolic operations
- Space Orientation
- Venn Diagrams
- Drawing inferences
- Punched hole/pattern – folding & unfolding
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Embedded figures
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Social Intelligence
- Other sub-topics
2. English Language (25 Questions / 50 Marks)
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
3. Quantitative Aptitude (25 Questions / 50 Marks)
- Computation of Whole Number
- Decimal and Fractions
- Relationship between numbers
Fundamental arithmetical operations:
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square roots
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Profit and Loss
- Partnership Business
- Mixture and Alligation
- Time and distance
- Time and work
Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra (and their simple applications) e.g. Formulas for (a+b)2, (a-b)2, (a+b)3, (a-b)3, a3-b3, a3+b3, a2-b2; if a+b+c=0, then a3+b3+c3=3abc, etc. and Elementary surds (simple problems)
Graphs of Linear Equations
Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts:
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres viz. Centroid, In-centre, Orthocenter, Circumcentre
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals
- Regular Polygons (sum of the internal angles of a polygon)
- Right Prism
- Right Circular Cone
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Sphere, Hemispheres
- Rectangular Parallelepiped
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
- Trigonometry (for acute angles θ with 0≤θ≤90)
- Trigonometric ratios
- Degree and Radian Measures
- Standard Identities like sin2θ + Cos2θ = 1, etc.
Complementary Angles, Heights and Distances (simple problems only)
Use of Tables and Graphs:
- Frequency polygon
4. General Awareness(25 Questions / 50 Marks)
Questions are designed to test your general awareness of the environment around you and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
You can Download SSC CHSL 2016 syllabus From Below Link
Tier-2: Tier-2 consists of letter writing and essay writing.
Tier-3: Tier-3 is of 15 minutes in which 2000 key depressions in duration if minutes are needed.
To know the syllabus of Tier-1 in detail you can download the SSC CHSL 2016 syllabus from the internet and you can start preparing for the exam as soon as possible. You can also ask for the SSC CHSL 2016 syllabus to your friends who have appeared for the exam previously so that you can get some idea about the questions that are asked in the examination. If possible get a printout of the SSC CHSL 2016 syllabus so that you can carry it to places and can follow the pattern accordingly.
For the first two tiers you have to practice and for the third tier you have to have your SSCH CHSL tier 1 result and SSC CHSL tier 2 result. That will be your eligibility for the typing or skill test. So, before start studying, download the SSC CHSL 2016 syllabus and then plan your studies accordingly.
Some Popular Searches Take Places:
ssc chsl syllabus 2016 pdf download
ssc chsl syllabus 2017
ssc chsl syllabus of descriptive paper
ssc chsl syllabus pdf download
ssc chsl syllabus in hindi
ssc 10 2 level exam model paper
ssc chsl syllabus 2017 pdf
ssc chsl syllabus 2016-17